Sunday, March 15, 2009

movie????

I was watching a tamil movie today (3am till 5.30am) entitled Abhiyum Naanum…. Few of my friends suggested me to watch this movie...i dont really know why would they suggest me this movie but after hesitating it for few months, i watched this movie...then i know why they insist me on watching it....its a sad story...my good friends knew that i will cry easily and Surprisingly....i did cry...sad story...well..its not the normal tamil movie where the hero have to fight for the heroin's hand in marriage...nah...nothing like that at all...its a beautiful father-daughter movie....i dont understand why this movie was not a hit...it was from the same director who directed MOZHI...even mozhi was not that hit...good movie now a days are not appreciated by the society...

This movie is about a father who raised his one and only daughter....the daughter was his only motive in life and he look after his daughter more than a king would do..this is how the story starts ;During a walk to the park Raghuraman(prakash raj)meets Sudhakar( pritvi Raj) and tells him about his many experiences with his daughter Abhi (trisha). Raghuram is the loving husband of Anu (iswarya) and the worrisome as well as caring father to his only daughter Abhi. Together they all live a calm and content life in Ooty.Raghuram and Abhi become best friends. Over the years as Abhi grows up, Raghuraman has the joy of being a part of her everyday life. When Abhi gets accepted in a prestigious college in New Delhi, Raghuram is shocked. Although the thought of being separated from his daughter for two whole years is heartbreaking to him, Raghuram wearily accepts. As soon as Abhi returns from college, she tells her parents that she has fallen in love with a young man in Delhi. Her mother Anu is perfectly alright with the idea, but Raghuram is angry and scared. Anu later informs Raghuram that their future son-in-law will be arriving by plane and staying with them for a while. As soon as Raghuraman meets his future son-in-law, Joginder Singh(Ganesh Venketraman) he is taken aback, because Joginder is a Sardarji! After many conflicts with Abhi and Anu, Raghuram finally realizes that Joginder is quite talented and self-sacrificing. Abhi and Joginder get married and leave for Delhi. Anu and Abhi get teary-eyed, but Raghuram stays calm. This is very surprising, because he was the man that had once cried on his daughter's first day to school. Raghuram tells Sudhakar that he still stays in touch with his daughter and often gets to see her. Sudhakar understands how Raghuram feels, because he has a baby daughter himself. The movie ends with a phone call from Abhi.

Watching this movie reminds me of my father….I am already 23 this year…sooner or later, I, too have to leave my house…I was wondering how my parents especially my father going to face that…being born in Indian family, crying is must when you send your daughter away…
My father is the best father in the world...for everyone,its like that...their father is the best...but....looking at how i grow up, my father plays a big part in th efamily....there are days where we dont have money but me and my sister would definitely have food to eat...my father make sure that the children were feed even if that means that my dad have to starve....

Why I like this movie:

1) Most of the Tamil movies portray mother’s relationship towards their children, this is one of a kind movie where the father gets the privileged

2) there was one dialogue between the father and his friend(A)….the father doesn’t like the son-in-law because he is a sardarji….A told a story that happen to him during his varsity years in Dehli….he was touring Dehli with his friends in a taxi drove by a sardarji…his friends was teasing the sardarji with sardarji jokes but the sardarji remain silent. At the end, after paying for the taxi, the sardarji gave A 1 rupee and ask him to give to the first sardarji beggar he saw…A told raghuram that up until now he still keeps the 1 rupee…

3) The movie portrays the life journey of a father very effectively

I learn new things today but i'm not sure whether I will practice what I learned today…but,…hey, movies manage to tear the negativity in me…


No comments:

Post a Comment